About Me

My photo
Thanks for stopping by, I am Jamie the owner of JT Photography. I am a San Antonio based photographer who specializes in wedding photography, engagement photography, senior portrait photography, and other portrait work. I love to shoot on location with natural light. I have a passion for capturing who a person is in a photograph rather than just an image of their face. Please consider me to help you capture memories! Contact me if you're interested in having me photograph you or your loved ones! jamie@jtphoto.org Feel free to visit my website for a full portfolio. jtphoto.org

Call me and schedule your session today!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Family Photography - The W Family

Please allow me to introduce you to some amazing people. Dan, Susan, Molly, Sadie, Abbey, Kenadie, and Gavin make up the W family. Susan and I have been friends since highschool and when I told her I was going to be doing a few photo sessions while in Wisconsin on vacation she asked me to come and photograph her family. She told me it may be a challenge because little "Beefy" doesn't like to sit still. Well, I can relate because my little guy is the same way, and I'm always up for a challenge.

We had a gorgeous Saturday morning to work with, although it was a little chilly and the smallest girls kept saying it was "freezing". But we survived and got some great family photographs to help Susan and Dan remember this time in their lives.

Molly is six and the oldest of the five, she was born two days before Greg and I got married. She's a great big sister and leader!


Sadie is five and the only redhead. She loves to tell stories and is just super sweet.

Abbey is three and a sweet little lady. She has the most amazing dimples!

Kenadie is two and is the most petite little lady. She's quiet but has a killer smile.

Gavin, or Beefy as they call him, is one and he is a mover and a shaker. I'm not sure if he sat still the whole time I was there.

What adorable kids! They are all so sweet and play together so nice...well, Gavin sometimes comes in and shakes things up but they love him so much. Susan bought these cute dresses from a mother who lost her daughter to cancer, you can see the shop where she bought them here.

This is a classic family photo for the W family. All the girls pose on command and then little Gavin does his own thing. What a great group of people!

I know that there isn't really anything technically correct about this photo but I love it. They were having a tickle fest and it was just a great family moment. I love the attitude of this one, so I blew out the background to really make them pop a little more.

I love little kid feet and their ottoman worked out perfectly for this photo. It's a good thing my camera is fast because Gavin did not stay there long.

Susan wanted a few shots of them walking and holding hands. I loved all the photos in this series and had a hard time narrowing it down. Here are two of my favorites.


Thank you Dan and Susan for allowing me the opportunity to capture some memories for you. I hope that you love the photos as much as I do. It was great to catch up with you and meet Beefy! I hope we get to see you again soon...before all the kids are in highschool!! Thanks again and God's richest blessings to you all.

2 comments:

Jules May 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

What a sweet family. I love how you captured them in their home. Just being themselves. I especially adore the sweet Cora dresses. Please tell me you sent a copy to Joel and Jess. I think it would really bless them.

Karina,  May 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

I have been following Jess's blog faithfully and came here because of your comment on her post about the best job ever. You do absolutely beautiful work capturing the joy of family and it is moving indeed to see all those Cora dresses together. I have been stalking the Cora shop to snag some dresses for my daughter but so far I am always too slow, so while I am SURE she doesn't need the advertising, your photos would be a lovely addition to her shop and cause. Thank you for letting us enjoy your work.

Grab one of my buttons!

JT Photo Button
JT Photo Button

Blog Archive

Do you Follow?

Business Directory for San Antonio, TX

Business Directory for San Antonio, Texas

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP